Monday, September 5, 2011

Let me be Frank with you

Valuable lessons are learned every time a camera is picked up.   I am posting this photograph of my father as an example.  If you look at the properties of the photo listed below, you can see that I took the picture at 1/8 of a second, with an ISO of 3200.  This was using natural light filtered through window blinds.  The shutter speed of 1/8s caused an unfocused picture with blurring despite my use of auto focus with image stabilization.  At this long of an exposure, even your heartbeat can cause enough hand shake to create a noticeable blur.   

The lesson? If you are going to use a long exposure time, use a tripod.  If you want to hold the camera, use a faster shutter speed.

1/8s               f/5.6             ISO:3200
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
August 13th, 2011 in Oxnard, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment