Saturday, September 3, 2011

Captain Slow

Meet Captain Slow.  Captain Slow, or Slow for short, is a Red Ear Mexican Slider.  I found him almost a year ago mud-caked and lost in the middle of the road on a blind corner.  After avoiding death by Chevy, he hitched a ride with me all the way home.  It also happened to be my mother's birthday.

She loves turtles.  

I didn't have a gift. 

This was a self-resolving problem.  Slow lived in my bathtub for a week, then became an outdoor turtle.  If you're wondering where his name comes from, no, it is not because he is a turtle, and therefore, slow.  He is named after Top Gear presenter James May for the situation he was discovered in and his looks.  Honestly, have you seen a more pedantic looking creature?



1/1600S               f5.6              ISO: 3200
Taken with Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Captured on March 3rd, 2011 in Oxnard, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment